Monday

The bomb comics

Everyone (all my blogging buddies) has been posting stuff about who they are and all that, but I'm not sure if I want to cross that bridge yet. In the meantime, I will share some stuff with you.

One of those things is that I like comics. I used to read them a lot when I was a kid, I even drew a few superheroes in my day (I used to draw also), but somewhere along the way, I got too serious for comics. However, I still love this brother's comics.

The Boondocks by Aaron McGruder

In case you can't read that, here is a link to The Boondocks

Believe it or not my favorite comics back in the day were Archie Comics (Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica). Superhero's were over rated. I got enough of them on Saturday morning cartoons. Since they didn't have Fat Albert Comic books I was stuck like chuck to read the white comic strips, but I enjoyed them. Why do I feel compelled to explain that? Hmm.




Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

6 comments:

dc_speaks said...

im not sure why you feel compelled to explain it. since i enjoyed the same comics like beetle bailey..it is what it is, I read what I like, do what I like and if it required any explanation to any person at anytime, then it was not coming. take me as i am or kiss my a$$.

sorry if it comes off harsh, but thats how im feeling ab9out that topic.

do you brah, you are alright with me.

Sheletha said...

theres absolutely nothing wrong with a little comic storyboard

CapCity said...

Rich, Comics are often seen as "childish" - but it's quite the opposite - cartoons are TRULY sophisticated social commentary! My favorite cartoon was Calvin & Hobbes! I was so disappointed when he "threw in the towel" - but I also applauded him for it!

I guess I'm biased toward cartoons since my Dad does freelance for Ebony magazine for time to time (latest = w/Common & Harry Belafonte on cover). If u see the name Conan - that's my dad! Big CHEESEY PROUD grin:-)

Shai said...

Wow! Cap that is cool. I have that issue, I will check it out.

Mizrepresent said...

Rich,

The Archies was my comic too! My brother had all the others, Spiderman, Xmen, Fantastic Four, etc...and i used to read his too, but I'm and Archie and Veronica fan and i don't see nothing wrong with you being one too!

Unknown said...

You said something that has bugged me for some time about myself: when did I grow "too big" for good, innocent fun? My vocabulary was larger than your average college professor at age five, and I owe much of that gift to Stan Lee and the early Marvel Comics writers. I just hope that some of the new books manage to capture my nephews' attention spans before XBox rots it!

Oh, yeah--respect for the Archie Comics mention! Archie, Veronica, and Jughead were my favorite characters! Also, thanks for the comments on my blog, man.