For some reason, people think I like playing tag. But since it's among fellow blogger's I guess I can't complain much. So here it is, the FIVE things I'm obsessing over.
1. Being the best man that I can be. Boy is this a hard one. It's hard because of my innate desire to be well liked. Being liked by others is not always possible especially when you get confronted with hard decisions. The biggest thing I'm learning is not to cower from uncomfortable situations by taking the easy way out. The road less traveled ultimately leads to greater success.
2. Getting my non-profit rolling. For at least a few years now, I have wanted to start an organization that helps people get out of debt and stay out of debt. I also have some unique ideas about how to do that. So, I'm purposing to finish a book I've had on the back burner for years, but more importantly, I'm going to package my seminar and courses so I can move into more of the work I love.
3. Writing. In this past year I have experienced some of the most positive encounters while persuing my literary interests. Since being introduced to blogging, I have been blessed to have met some very talented writers, online and off. My association with those people has given me the courage to move forward with a gift that God placed in me long ago. I'm just glad He saw fit to put these people in my life so that I could see more clearly. I've finally found something that I can see myself doing well into my Golden years. Writing is the one thing that I can get lost in but yet it has allowed me to find myself. So look forward to some upcoming fiction from yours truly.
4. Renewing my mind. I'm working hard to change old attitudes and ideologies that clearly are not working in my favor. It's time to touch the sky, so I'm trying hard to get out of my own way.
5. Creating a better tomorrow - this is probably a culmination of everything that's going on in my life. I just want things to be better all around, especially where my personal life is concerned. I want to create a situation that allows me to spend more time with my family (local and extended). I want to create more financial resources so that I can expose my family to some of things I have in my heart. I want to be in a position to be free to impact the lives of others without worry of taking care of home. I want to live life to the fullest.
That's it folks, the five things I'm obsessing over. For my five, I'll tag Saadia, just because she hates it as much as I do, then I'll go with Ced, DaveJ, DCSAAVY Star, and CAPcity. Hope y'all don't mind. This one actually wasn't so bad.