Monday

Good People

When I started this whole blogging thing, it was out of sheer love of the fellowship that existed between myself and other bloggers. Since that time I have had the pleasure of meeting quite a few people, some of which have come to be offline friends. Those friendships have created a desire to meet some of these people which speaks to the power of the internet.

Since I was married when this whole internet thing took off, I've never been much for chat rooms and I've certainly never dated anyone online, but I must say blogging is an absolute thrill. The interaction that takes place in this cyber world lead me to journey nearly 300 miles to the city of Chicago this past weekend, where I broke bread, laughed and talked for several days with my girls Cap City and Mizrepresent.


These two sisters were true to form as I felt like I've known them for many years. After meeting them in person, I'm sure this is just the first of many fun times together. Not only did I enjoy their company, but so did my family. They are now officially adopted into La Familia Rich. But I must warn you, don't leave your young daughters for lengthy periods with these two or they will come back talking about wanting "Big Girl Candy". Hmm, sounds fishy to me.

Can't wait to kick it with you two ladies again. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


Hey, Lance, Sheletha, Girly Girl and Juan, I haven't forgotten about y'all. Once I make this grip, I'm going on a world tour, well at least far enough to kick it with y'all.


Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!

15 comments:

Sheletha said...

Aww!!! I glad you all had fun!!! Big Girl Candy????

Shai said...

Glad you had a good time. What was happening in the big C?

Big Girl Candy??? LOL.

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Just a meet and greet. I was supposed to catch them in New York back in June, but my daughter was graduating, so we decided to do Chicago in the meantime.

denea marcel said...

Happy Monday everybody!
Looks like you guys had a great time. Almost like a mini-family reunion.... ooooo a blogger family reunion...
Anyway, what's good people?

Shai said...

Dang! I wish I had vacay time. I will be in the ATL for the RAW Sistaz Affair Sept 7-9. Any of my blog fam who lives in that area or will be there that weekend, hit me up.

denea marcel said...

Shai, I'm in ATL. :-)

Unknown said...

CHICAGO! Man, you're talking about one of my favorite places in the world! Wait--let me back up--CONGRATULATIONS for getting another sista through the halls of academia, Rich! Hey, where/when is the next meet-up site? Let me know--I hope to join in the next cross-country "family reunion."

Hey, pass your number to me again! I can't seem to find the email you sent me with your contact info!

CapCity said...

See? Bro Rich be letting all the secrets out! Big Girl Candy is simply "spirits" - candy is dandy, but likker is ... u know or can guess the rest;-).

Bro Ced - u know this trek took me back & the view of sailors made me laugh inside!

I agree - we have to continue this Blog-Family reunion trail ... world-wide is my goal:-)

Beautiful Family, Rich - I'm proud to be "adopted" by such FINE folx!

Mizrepresent said...

Now there y'all go, telling all our secrets..lol. I had a wonderful time with you and the fam, and Sista Cap! I tell you...it was the coolest and y'all just let a sista know where y'all be...and i'm there! Much love to the fam Rich, i couldn't have picked a better one to be adopted in to.

Shai- I'm in the ATL as well.

CapCity said...

And FYI - For Clarity & Legal Purposes: we did NOT influence the young ladies into WANTING Adult Candy - we just made it clear that they had THEIR candy and we had OURS;-)...
It was all LOVE fo' REAL & I had a great time!

WhenEVER any Blog-o-spherians over 21 are in Da Apple - u must look me up so that we can partake in a taste of Adult Candy together. LOL!

Dave J. said...

"Big girl candy?" Scared of that!

I'd be lying if I sat here and said I didn't feel a bit sad I missed that get together. I was like aw cool... aw damn :P

Mizrepresent said...

All Dave, HUGZ! Soon!

Blu Jewel said...

sounds like a lovely time.

btw, i read Chance Encounters...i'll be back

not sure if you went back to read my comment...i wasn't condoning or encouraging creeping. Instead i was educating those who are or are thinking about to at least use some commone sense practices.

Sheletha said...

Rich has a beautiful family....

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Thank you, Sheletha